On March 1, Nestle Health Science, owner of the OPTIFAST brand, released the greatest overhaul in OPTIFAST products in over a decade. The nutrient changes made were based on research findings as well as consumer demand. These changes should further improve metabolic problems especially in regard to blood sugar control. Any change in the taste of the products is minimal. The new and improved OPTIFAST 800 products are now available. Check out what is new!
Less total sugars
- Decreased from 18 grams to just 4 grams
- Sweetening agent is now a combination of stevia and sucralose
- No sucrose, fructose, or high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
- All products are suitable for those with a lactose intolerance
- Increased to 16 grams from 14 grams to help maintain lean body mass during weight loss
- Protein source is casein and soy protein isolate
- Products are no longer fiber-free. For most people, additional fiber may not be needed since each product contains 3 grams of soluble prebiotic fiber to support digestive health.
- NEW FLAVORS! – Garden Vegetable Soup joins chicken and tomato in soup offerings. An Apple Cinnamon bar will replace the Yogurt Berry bar mid-2017.
- Bars will have the same protein, sweeteners, and fiber as the shakes.
- OPTIFAST HP has not been reformulated. Original product is still available.