Journaling and Your Weight Loss Plan
Most dieters know the importance of journaling during weight loss, but it might be just as important to journal prior to starting your weight loss journey. Important questions to ask yourself might be: “Why do I want to lose weight?” “What is the big picture?” Answers and thoughts might be:
- “I want to lose weight so I have more energy to play with my grandchildren.”
- “I want to lose weight to decrease the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and high sugar levels that all run in my family.”
- “I want to lose weight to possibly decrease the number of medications that I take.”
- “I want to lose weight to improve my sleep apnea.”
- “I want to lose weight to be able to exercise more easily.”
- “I want to lose weight to improve my quality of life.”
- “I want to improve my appearance and feel better about myself.”
Each list is unique to the dieter creating the list. Use it to remind yourself why you are starting your weight loss journey. This list can help you understand what is motivating you and what drove you to the degree of readiness necessary to take action.
Equally important is asking yourself whether the items on your list are important enough to you to continue the behavior changes necessary to maintain the weight loss.