Another way to burn calories and improve your health is just to MOVE!! Simply moving more and sitting less is a way to boost your calorie burning!! NEAT or non-exercise activity thermogenesis can improve your overall health without even doing a formal exercise program!! Fidgeting, standing, and just moving can help burn 25% more calories than lying down. Figure out ways to just move. Here are some ideas!
- Get up hourly if you have a desk job and walk around the office or go to the restroom. Figure out ways to move during the day.
- For your lunch break, make walking part of your routine.
- When you go to a store or to the bank, park at the end of the parking lot so you have to walk more. Burn your body’s energy.
- Get a pedometer and add in steps. Pedometers can help keep you motivated. Try to get up to 5000, 8000, or even 10,000 steps daily.
- Make many trips up and down stairs in your house. Use your house as an exercise machine.
- Dance while you clean your house. Every extra movement counts.
- While you are waiting in line, give up your seat and stand.
- Fidget when you can. Figure out ways to move.
- If watching TV, get up during commercials and walk or stretch. Have your hand weights ready to use.
- Always use stairs instead of elevators or escalators.
So, think of ways to waste your body’s energy. It really is healthier!