Every week in the medical news is information about exercise and physical activity and its numerous benefits! Beyond helping maintain a weight loss, there are so many reasons to move more! John Thyfault, PhD, an associate professor at Kansas University Medical Center, was in the news recently sharing some of his research of the benefits of physical activity!
“Exercise and physical activity is not something you do extra in your life to get extra healthy. Rather, it’s something that’s absolutely necessary for normal function,” he says. Other researchers have shown that exercise makes fat healthier and helps it burn more calories.
Other benefits of exercise:
- Better blood sugar control.
- Blood vessels work better.
- Helps the brain in areas of self-control, memory, and decision-making.
- Helps delay arthritis disability.
- Delays the development of arthritis.
- Increases energy level.
- Lower your risk for cancer.
- Strengthen your heart
- Helps you stay independent as you get older!
- Live longer
- Increases your stamina.
Don’t wait to become more active. Discuss with your doctor, get your plan is place, and start moving!