For many people, June can mean barbeques, weddings, graduations, and get-togethers. Therefore, the summer months can be high risk situations for anyone managing their weight. In July we have July 4th and its celebrations, and in August many people are taking last minute vacations.
So how should you approach this season with so many temptations? The following is a guide to help you through the next few months!
- Keep your home environment free of snacks and foods that cause undue temptation. Have healthy snacks available such as in-season fruits and vegetables.
- If you do have a social event, plan ahead on what you intend to eat. In fact, you may want to take certain foods with you to the event. Imagine yourself going to the event, and staying with your intended plan. How good you will feel afterward! Try not to have too many social events within the same week.
- Focus on your health this summer instead of food! Make your health a priority and set an example for your whole family!
- Set a goal for the end of August. What would you like to weigh on September 1? How would you like to feel?
- Examine your sleep and exercise habits. Make sure you are getting enough rest and plenty of exercise. The warmer weather and longer days make it easier to reach your activity goals.
- Have fun!! Build in lots of fun events and recreational time! Be committed to your weight loss plan and enjoy the process of change!