After the long, hard winter we have all experienced, it is time to start fresh and take a look at our lifestyle and make the changes necessary to promote good health and quality of life! Here are a few techniques to get you started!
- Re-organize your pantry and kitchen. Throw out unused food boxes and cans that are set to expire. Organize your cooking utensils and get rid of the ones you don’t use! It may be time to purchase a few new ones to expand your cooking skills! Determine where you will buy your fresh fruits and vegetables! Will you grow them yourself, or go to a Farmers’ Market?
- “Spring-clean” your workout clothes! Get rid of the ones that don’t fit or that are worn, and put the ones you will keep in a very convenient place for your workouts! Invest in good walking/running shoes!
- Do you have a section in your home to do your exercises and workouts when the weather is not conducive to physical activity? Now is the time to examine your home and have your workout space handy!
- Go outside when possible! Do fun activities such as hiking or exploring! Explore the state parks and take your dog for a walk!
- Make appointments with your health care professionals! Preventative appointments are important and may help prevent emergencies!
- Study your use of your time! Build in some pleasure and relaxation each day! Reading, seeing friends, riding a bike, going for a walk, listening to music, going to the zoo or museum, etc. Make a list of the things you would like to do this spring and summer!
- Examine your bedroom. Is it conducive to a good night’s sleep? Is it dark enough and is your bed comfortable? Is it quiet in that part of the house?
- And last: Examine your attitude! A positive attitude will help you succeed in making your lifestyle healthy!